Archive for June, 2010

#1 all gussied up!

I got me a fancy camera now, even bought myself a nice ol’ tripod to put ‘er on!

Here you go.

#3 updates

I’ve got the soundboard all done up. This guitar will be put on the backburner while I start on my niece’s guitar.

Here are some pics.

#3 Rosette makin’

I decided to make the rosette out of leftover wood from my back and sides. The waterfall bubinga veneer was way prettier, but its veneer and doesn’t allow for any mistakes because it’s so thin. That problem with using leftover wood is that you need to construct the rosette first and then cut it.

Scratch that…

I’ve changed my mind. I like this Rosette pattern more. What do you guys think?

#3 Rosette Design

I came up with this rosette design using Illustrator. I wanted something kinda cool for this one. I do have some pretty wild ideas for rosette’s to come, but I’m not in the “wild” park yet. The wood will be a sheet of waterfall bubinga that i have and it will be trimmed with black purfling.

#3 Back Bracing

I did some work on #3. Not much, but here are some pictures. The back is braced and the top is joined.

New Shape (SJ)

I am looking forward to making guitars in this shape more. I think it’s a bit more updated, we shall see how it turns out. Now i just have to make a mold, ugh.

Binding Jig

I constructed a binding jig in the last couple weeks. I am somewhat pleased with it. It will work for now. The bearing mechanism doesnt work super-well. I think think its because i have manually bend sides and they are kind of jagged. Its hard to explain, but it works ok.

#2 Update. Binding, Bridge, and Pores

Here are some updates from over the weekend. I got a TON of work done on #2. This guitar is moving along MUCH much faster than the first. I suppose that is to be expected.

Loads of pictures ->

Return top

Bailie Guitars Blog

Greetings! This is a blog about my adventures in building guitars. I hope you enjoy!